so, I'm not in the best mood atm, but i can't just blog when I'm happy
Tools...
I thought about this when i was reading 'Valley of Horses' but forgot about it until now. Ayla, the main character, is constantly coming up with new ways of doing things, she lives alone through most of the book. So, here ideas come from necessity or accident. What is interesting is the way she would have a task, then create tools that would make the performance in that task quicker and more efficient.
I thought about the tools we use, the 3D programs, photoshop, drawing materials. Some one created these tools for us, to aid us in our creativity.
One thing I like about Game Art, is the translation from one tool to another. The variety of skills that we get to exercise. The entire process a combination of technical ability and artistic ability, this cross-over is a fantastic example of what creativity is about.
To quote myself....
'Game art is a triangle'
No comments:
Post a Comment