5.3.07

Week Twenty-One Task: Part Two

Now I am here, doing a dream course, and enjoying every moment of it. But it will all be over in less that three years time, which is the only thing I don’t like about it.

I have already got so much from being here. My drawing has improved a great deal in a matter of months, and my work in 3D modelling has been better than I ever could have thought. I have no doubts that by the end of the course I will be at a high enough standard to enter the industry.

What I hope to achieve in three years is to be a high level of understanding in my work, and to be able to continue learning new thinks quickly, so I can keep up to date with the industry. I also would like to be able to draw a lot more quickly without too much thought going into the process, which I know I can achieve through practice. I have obtained high grades since the start of the course, and I feel that if my grades drop at all I will not be doing justice to myself. So I have also set myself the task of obtaining the highest final grade possible.

I also want to create an extensive portfolio to help me get a job. At the moment I don’t really have any boundaries in this area. I am open to moving abroad to work. I think I will have a better idea of a pathway nearer the end of the course, although I am aware that pathway is a little bit narrow already.

1 comment:

Tom Li said...

i love the fact that the games industry remains un-dominated by degrees and the like. like ben mathis said, if your good enough the industry will make a place for you.

still aiming to get the highest mark possible is deffo the best path to take, i just really love the fact that we are learning a creative skill!!! what else is a creative skill? all i can think of is music.