Aloha! and welcome to my first Blog
Here are my first impressions/experiences of/at DMU
Everyone in my flat is amazing, surely Bede is the best Hall of residence ever! I havent really found many good places to venture out yet though, any suggestions???
I had a good night out with the 'Beard Society' on tuesday, with guests such as Jesus, Santa and Satan. More people should join!!!!!!
Unfortunatly im goin home for the weekend, to collect some forgotten items, but I really dont want to go! Plus its costing me nealy £40 to get there!
I also got one of the '2oothpaste' memberships, stupidly not trying it out first, its feckin boiling in there! and they really need some more staff.
One of the best things that happened so far occoured on a very boring evening, where everyonein my flat was in bed by 9.30, so i went out on an adventure! I ended up playing poker with a guy called Ben, and totally wooped him. I won 7 x bags of various flavoured walkers crisps 2 x half pint glasses and 1 x large bag of pasta, and all i lost was my pack of cards. All good practice for the 'Beard Society' poker tournement.
I also got lent the most amazing book 'Battle Royale' by koushun Takami, i would recomend it to everyone! cheers Matt.
I think i definatly made the right choice, and am really looking forward to the next three years.
oh and thanks for finding my braclet!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
No problem, enjoy the bloodshed! Battle Royale = fantastic read!
Mosh is a good club to go to, a very varied selection of music there and Soar point and the polar bear are great pubs (alright music, atmosphere and very cheap!)
Battle royale is awesome, watch the film if you haven't already!
heh thats cool (i didnt steal it honest). daryl palumbo rocks my socks. dont watch battle royal 2. mosh is ok but retribution is better, this sat is a night @ ret called AUTONAMY its every kind of alternative dance music you can think of on the bottom floor, punk emo indie 2nd floor, all rock top floor, plus its massive and its leicesters REAL alternative club as opposed to mosh, mosh is a product of the "popular" rock scene... as you probably guessed from its name.
Being in Mosh was one of the worst experiances of my life.... lets never mention it again.
Agreed about Soar point and Polar Bear though.
Wanna try Retribution, ive heard good things.....but i heard good things about mosh too......
Battle royal was a film with Takeshi Kitano that I was quite disapointed in. Well, when I watched it I was more amused by the endless blood shed, but I dont think I could watch it again or read about it in a book. I like things with a little more substance and art to it these days. heh, I sound like an old man...
I recommend Kitano's Zatoichi! It has to be one of the MOST AMAZING films of all time. I loved it.
Glad to find theres other monkey island lovers on the course ;)
cya
Read the novel, it's nothing like the motion picture (which to be honest puts it to shame). The novel is a fantastic read from cover to cover!
Post a Comment