This is the link for the Blog i decided to use for our first task....
http://grumpygamer.com
Ron Gilbert is the Creator and Desinger of 'The Secret of Monkey Island' and 'LeChucks Revenge'. After reading a few of his entry's i found that he described his Blog best as 'Ron Gilbert's often incoherent and bitter ramblings about the Game Industry'.
My first impressions of Blogging were that people like to know that someone is listening to what they are saying, so by posting there opinions and thoughts online, it feels like someone is paying attention. I also thought that no one really cares, and that even though it may feel like people are reading your views, they arn't, its all a wonderfull illusion.
Then thinking about it a bit more, some of the things that people write about are worth the read. If you want to find people with similar interests, opinions and veiws, then its a good place to start. I was surprised by the number of comments attatched to the Blog's written by Gilbert, i now realise there is no reason why there shouldn't be. I would explain blogs like a spiders web, where one person can be linked to another by a chain of ideas. I definately believe Blog's to be subjective. As they are a meens to put across ones personal beliefs.
Personally i would want to use my Blog, not just for the requirements asked by the course, but maybe to explain the way i think and feel about certain things, that i usually wouldnt get to say because 1. not alot of people would agree with me and 2. i dont like to argue.
In my opinion, a good blog should be spontanious. I think the whole point is it should be writtain in the order and way that you think it. Writing the way you would talk. This way people are reading it the way you think it, not the way your English teacher does. I wouldnt really consider good grammer to be an important aspect.
An unusual element of Blogging, is that you cant see peoples reactions to your words. They can comment, but thats about it. I like this because it allows me to be more consistant with what i am trying to put across, without an expression of agreement or maybe dislike influancing what i say next. This makes me feel more confident with typing than with talking.
There is deffinately a danger of talking about things that no one wants to hear, so if you want people to read your Blog, you need to know where to draw the line.
I will finish on a favorate quote from Ron Gilbert's Blog...
'Being the on-time nut that I am, I was there promptly at 10:30 ready to see some hippies get their heads bashed in by the cops. '
No comments:
Post a Comment