29.4.09

I've been trying to learn CryEngine 2, it proved to be alot more difficult that Unreal, but I've finally managed to get a textured asset in! woo!!!

Shadows! yay!!!!

It may not be that big of a deal to some ppl, but i found it quite difficult, should be easy now i know how, so if any ever wants any help at all just ask.

So next plan is to try and set up my Dinotopia scene, hopefully I can do it fairly easy now! its just a big pile of assets after all.


I finished the airship mesh before going home in the Easter holiday, I will probably leave it at this now, After finishing the CryEngine stuff I will probably want to move on to something brand new. It was a fun little model to make though.

I ended up spending a couple of weeks with my family over the holiday, in which time I didn't do any modeling or anything. I did do this drawing on a piece of card for my Uncle for his Birthday though. It's a sackboy version of a character from The Walking Dead comics, the Zombies in the back are supposed to have there arms and bottom jaws ripped off.

I have to get back to the Hub soon now I'm back in Leicester.

Updates soon on how my Dinotopia scene works out in CryEngine!! wish me luck :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The barrels look cool and the sackboy is sweet!

Think I might try cryengine cos unreal's being pretty gay atm.

Good luck btw!