12.4.09

Dinotopia Airship!!!

I sat down this evening to read 'Mortal Engines' which Tom Li has kindly lent to me, Its been recommended to me by two people, and now its assigned to the first years as a summer project , so I thought I should check it out.

I looked at the front cover and saw the hot air balloon, and decided to do some modeling instead.......

This is another one of James gurneys concepts, you can see it in one of my earlier posts , its flying past a castle in some snowy mountains.

As I'm trying to get back into posting wips, here it is so far...


I'll try and get the model and uving finished tomorrow, so I can get onto texturing which should be lots of fun.

As for Summer projects, I'm planning on giving the texturing contest a go, I've already seen some really nice work from some second years on this one. I've had a look at the list too, some stuff sounds cool, but I'm not too sure if I want to do any of those just yet.

After I've finished this airship I'm going to have a go at some Dinosaurs, and try and recreate some Dinoriders to current gen spec. I want to do this one first, was my favorite one :D should be lots of fun to make!>>>

Mortal Engines will have to wait for another day then...

2 comments:

Michael Powell said...

mortal engines rox! its part of next years projects... want to come back and do it all again :)

lol

Megan Egglesden said...

I would love to come back and do it all again!!!!!!!!!!!!

anything not to have to get a real job...........