Liking something, is sort of a subjective way of saying that something is good. But what makes people like and dislike things?
I never like the idea that things are set in stone, like this absolutist rule that things are either good or bad and there is no in between. If that were true, why is there such a big debate about it?
I also really hate it when people try to explain your opinions in stupid ways. For example, you think that way because you are a girl.
That is one of my personal hates, but I'm sure there are others, like maybe being a certain way because of the colour of your skin, or maybe the way you dress (because your and 'emo' or a chav') etc...
More things happen to people in there lives than one stupid obvious factor any fool can point out.
Many opinions exist only because of the series of events in someones life. They are not opinions you can be born with.Thinking about children, do girls really like barbies and boys like dinosaurs? Or is it simply the way in which we display products making people think they are supposed to behave a certain way.
I have an extreme dislike of anything that cuts people apart from each other, and makes people compete with each other. Some people love this, and i find it completely insane. Why would you want to do well at something at the expense of someone else? How can winning be fun when someone has to lose? its madness. Everyone knows that it isn't nice to lose, so why would you want to inflict that upon another person.
When i mentioned this to someone last year, they tried to explain it to me, its obvious why I think that way! because 'I'm a girl'! wow thanks, i guess all girls are that way! every girl in the world feels exactly the same! what crap...

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but you would be surprised at how many of my opinions have been shunned aside because of that same reason.
A more likely explanation would be my experiences as a child. The situations I was put into where I had to compete against others. I don't know exactly what, but this makes more sense to me.
Another explanation could be the behavior of others around me. I've mentioned before about people bragging, acting big headed, and rubbing things in peoples faces. This has been something I've always strived to avoid, and the best way of doing that is to do better than them. But even then people seem to think of a stupid explanation for why you have done better.
This term it hasn't been going so well though, and there isn't that much time left. A part of me is thankful that its nearly over, and another part is thinking that i need more time to fix it, because I'm not doing this to my full potential.
Anyway, the point of this Blog was why people like and dislike things. So, what do I like and not like about what we are doing now...
I like modeling and drawing. I like them beacuse you get to be a creator. You also get to train yourself, and see improvement in yourself over time. It is a nice feeling to be good at something, It is also nice to have a skill, something that makes you special, needed or important.
I like being with the class. I like this because you get to spur each other on,generate more ideas, help and inspire each other.
I like having time to learn. Being at uni gives you personal time to improve yourself. I don't know how much time we will have when we finally move into industry. But its nice to have this period to study and research whatever we like.
I don't like the insecure feeling. By this I mean not having faith in the project we are doing. Not believing it its helping. Feeling it is pulling me back rather than pushing me forward.
I don't like not knowing if my work will be acknowledged. Its true that you should work for yourself, and for your own improvement. But, we will be graded on this at the end of the day, and I have no idea how its going to be done. With so much effort that isn't 'physical' or quantifiable, will our efforts be noticed?
I guess after reading over this, its obvious why those things are 'good' or 'bad' for me. But what ever happens, its not the end of the world, I'm sure I've said this before, but all we can do is try our best!
Stop Wingeing...
1 comment:
I'm pleased to see us thinking along the same lines and feeling the same things about the course and stuff. Grate minds think alike and all that!
Post a Comment