26.1.08

Neglected Blog...

Its been a while, I've been caught up in the new project, and learning unreal. Unreal is so simple I think we should've chosen tech leads according to 3D skill and reliability rather than engine experience. Any half decent moddler can pick it up. I know most of the basics now, but have decided to leave it for now, for fear of neglecting my own tasks.

I also now think the role of 3D lead and tech lead should just be the same person.

But its all done now, and we just have to get on with it.

So..... the Blog task for this term is 'grading' and 'goodness makes it good'

My first thought is how the hell are we going to be graded for this project? I don't know how i would do it. But, it would be nice if each student has some kind of documentation with all there contributions and thoughts on it. I'm going to make something like that.

Also, how much does grading really matter? It makes you feel good, but it wont really get you a job. If you work to get a high standard portfolio, you will get a job, and your grades will most likely be 'good' as a result of your efforts to improve your portfolio.

How much does getting a job matter? I don't care about the money, I want a job in the industry because i enjoy modeling. I can't see myself being happy in any other career. So, I guess its very important to me. But then again, I'll always be able to model, even if I don't work in the industry, so maybe its not that important after all. Money is an added bonus.

Goodness. I saw few examples of Goodness in the 3D work this term. People need to start looking at industry work and realize how far away they are from it.

Badness. 2D, my 2D work is so inferior its pulling me back. Its also being killed slowly. There was Goodness, until people started killing it.

I am in a bad mood atm, but I think it's helping me write what I really think instead of airy-fairying around the point.

No comments: