(this Blog is relevant to the six week creativity task)
Opinions...
I found a Blog that I wrote after our first Creativity seminar, that I never posted. Its funny to look back after just a few weeks and see how much my opinions have changed.
"I found Foundation Art to be the biggest waste of a year I've ever had"
It wasn't, if I hadn't taken foundation art, I wouldn't have ended up here. My Art A2 had 7 people on it, the foundation had about 50. It exposed me to allot of different kinds of artist, developed my opinions more, and helped me realize how much of our grade can be based on opinions.
I worked hard, but only got a pass, I wasn't too happy about this. I think now, that the reason was because I didn't communicate enough with my tutors, even though I wrote down everything, and there was allot of thought process behind my work, this didn't matter. The teachers personal opinion of what I had done determined my grade.
At A-level however, our small class had allot of contact time with different tutors, and the entire grading system was different. I was also enjoying myself which makes all the difference.
The thing about taking an artistic course, is its heavily opinion based, but so is life, so its not such a bad thing. I have different priority's now. At the start of the first year, I was determined to get a first. But now it doesn't seem so important. What matters is my personal progression, and the production of a successful portfolio. My future isn't really resting on my grade, though a first would be nice. My future rests on my portfolio, and it also rests on my character.
"A random mish-mash of ideas and media is NOT CREATIVE. Something can only be considered truly creative if it has some value"
"I never thought about what I wanted to do, just to do what i was asked to be considered 'good' by the education systems standards. I only realized this when i went into Foundation Art, and discovered it was a pile of W***"
In some ways my opinions haven't changed, but maybe my mindset has. I have to consider my work in a more personal way, and not think about what I should do all the time, but maybe what I think is best...
I'm sure I will have more to say about this in the coming weeks........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment