
I am back in Essex again for a few weeks, on the boarder this time at my mums new place. I miss being in Leicester, but have had alot of spare time here. I've been doing alot of thinking. Mainly about my abilities and how i think the course is going to progress in the next two years. My grades were Ok, except for drawing. So I've spent quite alot of time practicing. I started to model a tyranid, but didn't get very far...
I'm not happy with the armor plates, they are supposed to be organic, but it looks like I've just glued them on... *sigh*
Alot of my time has been occupied by reading. Ive just finished reading the first novel in a two-part series by Joe Abercombie called 'the blade itself', it was a fantastic book, i could barely put it down. I finished the final harry potter book about a week ago, it didn't start gripping me till about two thirds through. It doesn't really get me like it used to.
I have also been writing a story, i will probably post it up here when I'm done, its only short.
I can't wait for September, as i am in much need of the next loan instalment. I had a job in Leicester, but unforeseen circumstances meant i had to return to Essex, so i am broke. I am also in desperate need of new glasses, which has caused me to run up a small debt with my brother. My other glasses got stolen (they were in my bag) when our house in Leicester was robbed a few weeks ago.
Due to more unforeseen circumstances, i must go to Devon this Friday, but shortly after i should be returning to Leicester.
A couple of quotes that have been significant to me this summer...
'The amount of action you take to bring something about, is directly proportional to your desire for it to exist' ~ Ben Mathis
'Argue for you limitations, and sure enough, they're yours' ~ Richard Bach
2 comments:
okay midget! 1: that tyranid leg looks fine, the armour plates will look uber organic-y once you have made the high poly and baked out the normal map for them (me and carter can show you how easy peasy!)
and i was gonna say something else but i put so much thought into the previous paragraph that i cant remember what...?
come home, im hungry.
so is jesus.
...
and kian.
lol! i miss you too... :P
ive been reading up on baking normal maps from high poly models, but i will prolly need some help at some point. I just need to get up in the lab, i dont think my pc cud hack it.
i'll be back soon :D
Post a Comment