The Potential of People…
After writing the ‘Games and War’ blog, I started to think about how easily people are actually influenced. I think there may be some sort of persuasive element to Games. But, in general my belief is that in order for someone to act in a certain way, they must have had the potential for that action before hand.
Young children are heavily influenced by what is around them, they learn from their surroundings, so exposing them to violence (in the form of a game), is most definitely a bad idea. But there are age limits on the games we play, and the type of content is generally known before playing. So only people who have already established their own sense of right and wrong should have access to the game (in theory).
Anyway, what I am getting at is, that violence and certain behaviour should never be blamed heavily on a game (or film or song), because the innate potential of a person is the sole cause. Including their potential to be influenced!
I feel like im talking garbage… … im gonna stop now…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree. People don't just kill or do harm because they saw or heard something, there must exist some aspect of their personality which removes the natural aversion to it. I would also like to say in relation to violent games and kids that the reason age ratings are ignored is 'cos parents are too lazy to do their jobs...or so it seems to me.
Post a Comment