Week Twenty-Four Task
This is the only course I know of where we get to influence the structure and content so much. I’m loving the way things are going at the moment, and I consider myself extremely lucky that I managed to end up here.
One thing I think that really needs to be addressed is the method of assessment. I do no think it’s a good idea to have other classmates influence the grade achieved, even if it is only at a formative assessment. I felt that the grades given for the Transit van were inconsistent, and unfair as a result of this. Whereas Joel’s marks for the Bin and House were much more justified.
The marking for the drawing work was also inconsistent, I think it is better to decide upon grades personally between tutors and pupils, without a class influence. Although I do think presenting work to the class has benefits, so they should definitely continue.
I think it’s a fantastic idea to heavily increase the amount of traditional art, as well as getting some digital art classes going. I would also like some input into the nature of a good portfolio. We also need some more technical work, I mainly have game engines in mind.
What really strikes fear into my heart is the fact that we are going to be flooded with first years, with the same amount of facilities and tutors. I’m wondering how long it will take to sort out that issue, as I know nothing can be done about it until it happens. Totally against the saying ‘prevention is better than cure’.
As a summery, I think the course is fantastic, it’s still in the process of fine-tuning, but I think its all going well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment