I'm not definitely sure of the first game I played, but two of the earliest games that I remember are Golden Axe and Premier Manager. I played Golden Axe on the Sega and was always the Bearded dwarf guy (shown left avec skeleton warrior) known as Gilius Thunderhead(I looked that up). I used to play this with my brother, who I owe a lot to really. If it wasn't for him then we probably would never have had a sega.Around the same time, we got given an Amiga, on which we played Premier Manager. It was either number 1 or 2, before they introduced the proper game graphics. There was a box about an inch square that flashed up random pixelated football scenes, but the rest was imagination really. My team was Dagenham FC.

We also had the first two monkey island games for the Amiga. Which I must have completed at least four times each. >>>Here is a pic of Guybrush talking to the cannibals. I always thought that the Get Ahead in Navigation bit was really clever when I was just a youth. What I love about this game is the way it makes you laugh out loud, I also love little pixel Guybrush, and have never managed to bring myself to play the third Monkey Island on principal!. Though I have completed the fourth one...
I'm also a big fan of puzzle adventure games, and I think Monkey Island is the reason why.
Some of my best memories are of sitting with my brother playing these games, I think that is one of the main reasons why I have kept gaming. Its not just a thing of the past, still I will walk into the lounge and find the playstation rigged up, and end up sitting in there for hours while we work through a game together, or I will just watch and give my creative imput. My brother was also the one who introduced me to some of the best games I know, like Final Fantasy and Zelda, though I was the one who brought home Kingdom Hearts. The last game I purchased was Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars, which I am playing at the moment.
One of the reasons I love computer games so much is the story lines. I am a huge fan of reading and of films. Playing a well written game is amazing, because you are the character and a part of the story. Its like being able to put yourself into a different life for a while, and at the time, it seems more important than you own. The time when I know i'm gaming a bit too much is when you carry on gaming in your dreams. The worst was lemmings... Or it might have been where I was aimlessly trekking around a final fantasy landscape...
"I see the Monkey Island cannibals. They are helping you...Or eating you...I cannot tell...The vision isn't coming in clear anymore." - Voodoo Lady
"He ain't heavy, he's my brother, baby" - Austin Powers
"He ain't heavy, he's my brother, baby" - Austin Powers
5 comments:
oh goody a monkey island fan, there aren't many of us around, baby.
did you play Grim Fandango? it rox... (haha)
We had it in the game lab but some beezer stole it >:-(
I get that way too much! Like ... I dream i'm my WoW (World of Warcraft) character and i'll just be walking around the main city aimlessly ...
But it's those pointless dreams that are keeping me sane through WoW-less university!
one of the third years has 2016 hours play on her WoW character... now I'm not going to say that's sad, but think what a Ninja she would be on 3DS with 2016 hours invested... and which pays better, being good at WoW or 3DS?
Be warned, my prettys! muhahahahahahah!
Hello Megan =D
I don't see any 40man raids in 3DS my friend ...
Post a Comment